Surrey Cross-Country League
Start Date: 14 Oct 2017 11:00
End Date: 14 Oct 2017 15:00
Venue: Men: Wimbledon, Ladies:Reigate
Ladies race starts 11am, Mens race starts 14:00
Information about the Ladies race
Hosts: Reigate Priory AC
Venue: Priory Park, Reigate
Start Times: Division 1 Senior Ladies (incl. U20 and Vets) – 11.00am
U15/U17 girls – 12.00pm
U13 girls – 12.30pm
Distance:Senior Ladies (incl. U20 and Vets) – 3.75 miles
U15/U17 girls – 2.50 miles
U13 girls – 2 miles
Priory Park is within a ten minute walk of Reigate train station. Local car parks (all pay and display) within a ten minute walk of Priory Park are located at Bell Street, Bancroft Road (multi-story), Upper West Street and at the Town Hall at Castlefield Road.
The race start/finish is adjacent to the tennis courts and approximately 200m from the park café. See course:map below.
The courses will be the usual routes used for previous Surrey League and is comprised of mixed terrain of short grass and park/wooded trails. The route will be marked with flags/signs/tape and there will be marshals at key junctions. Recommended footwear will be fell shoes/spikes (or shoes with very good off-road grip).
We will be sharing the park and runners are requested to respect fellow users and take care as appropriate.
Please note there are no changing facilities within the park. There are toilets within the park café (200m from the start) and at the far end of the Morrison’s supermarket car park (at the Bell Street junction).
Information about the Mens Race
Venue: Wimbledon Common
Distance: 7.5 km, 2 laps
Start Time: 14:00
- Travelling to venue: The race start & finish area is at Caesar’s Well on Wimbledon Common, close to the end of Sunset Road (SW19 4UL).
- Please share cars or use public transport where possible. Those travelling by car are encouraged use the free car park at the Windmill (SW19 5NR), about 10 minutes’ walk from the start.
- Limited metered parking is also available in the streets on the Wimbledon Village side of Common.
- The No. 93 bus runs between Wimbledon & Putney, both of which are served by National Rail. The closest bus stop to the start/finish area is Wimbledon Village War Memorial, which is a 10-15 minute walk away.
- Facilities: There are no changing facilities available at the venue, so please come ready to run. Toilets and refreshments are available at the Windmill Tea Rooms (adjacent to the car park mentioned above).