Stragglers XC Championships
We had so many more Stragglers take part in Cross-country races last year and we are aiming to continue the resurgence this autumn!
It's now time to announce the races that will make up the Stragglers Cross-country Competition for 2017/18. For those new to the club, the competition is made up of selected races from which you can accumulate points based on where you finish relative to your fellow Stragglers. To qualify for an award, you need to have run at least 4 of the races.
The races are open to all club members, and the club pays all the entry fees, so yes, it’s completely free! If you’ve not done Cross-country before (or who haven’t done it for many years) why not give it a go this year?
The races that will count in The Stragglers XC Championship 2017/18 are:
- Stragglers Cross-country Championship Race – Sunday 8th October
- Surrey Cross-country League – Race 1 – Saturday 14th October
- Surrey Cross-country League – Race 2 – Saturday 11th November
- South of the Thames 5 miles – Saturday 25th November
- Surrey Cross-country League – Race 3 (men: Saturday 2nd December, ladies: Saturday 13th January)
- South of the Thames 7.5 miles – Saturday 16th December
- Surrey Cross-country League – Race 4 – Saturday 10th February
- National Cross-country Championships – Saturday 24th February
- Ellis & Dysart Cup Competition – Saturday 3rd March.
10pts are awarded for all finishers + Bonus of 25pts down to 1pt for the first 25 in each race.Your best 4 scores will be totalled with additional races being used to decide ties. There are awards for the highest scoring male and female, and also awards for:
- First senior man, M40, M50, M60, M70
- First senior lady, F35, F45, F55, F65
There will also be the male and female hero awards for the runners who complete the most races and score the most points.
All the fixtures and venues are also list on the website. Click on Club Activities, then Key Race Fixtures, or just follow this link.
To see the results through the XC season, click on Club Activities then Results, or just follow this link
We will publicise each of the races a few weeks before the date.
We’re really looking forward to the season!
Helen and Malcolm